Even if it’s not your birthday, this cake is for YOU! I’m a big fan of celebrating all happy moments in life, even the smallest happy moments: a good grade, finishing a big project, getting a new job, making a big decision, starting something new, etc. Especially this year, it’s so important to celebrate the happy things that come our way. You’ll never regret taking a few minutes out of your day to celebrate something, especially if it’s with people you love! I love to go out for ice cream or make a fancy treat every time a celebration is in order. This cake is the PERFECT way to celebrate!
It’s fluffy, sweet, and the rainbow sprinkles will just make you smile! Plus, this cake is gluten and dairy free. It’s made with all purpose gluten free flour and almond flour, and it’s sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup. Let’s get to it!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Cake:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Almond flour
- Cacao powder
- Baking soda
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles [optional, but highly recommended :)]
Equipment You’ll Need to Make this Cake:
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 8×8 baking dish
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Spatula/mixing spoon
- When you’re making the frosting, be sparing when adding almond milk! I recommend adding 1 tbsp to start, then add about 1 tsp at a time from there.
- Store this cake by covering loosely with foil for 2-3 days, then transfer to the fridge!