Hello friends and happy fall! I can’t believe it’s already November. This year has gone by so fast! It finally started to feel like actual fall here in Michigan last week, so this week we are celebrating with a brand new recipe in partnership with one of my most favorite companies and go-to coffee shops, Ferris Nut & Coffee! First off, if you live in West Michigan and haven’t visited Ferris, RUN and try all their fall special drinks!
Today’s recipe is actually inspired by one of these fall drinks, the Maple Leaf Latte! The Maple Leaf Latte is made of oat milk, all spice, and Michigan maple syrup. It’s the perfect companion for a chilly fall walk, a coffee date with a loved one, or a long day of work. BUT, if you don’t live near a Ferris, never fear! These Maple Leaf Bars can be made anywhere, and will give you the same fall flavor. Plus, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and sweetened with maple syrup.
They’re made up of a a fluffy cake-like base, topped with a creamy vanilla + cinnamon icing, and finished with the perfect crunch of Ferris Nut & Coffee Cinnamon Roasted Almonds!
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Recipe:
- All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Oat Milk
- Maple Syrup
- All Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Ferris Nut & Coffee Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Equipment You’ll Need for this Recipe:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon
- 8×8 baking dish
- You can store these bars in the baking dish, loosely covered with foil for 1-2 days, but just be sure to heat them up for 10-15 seconds in the microwave before enjoying!
- After 2 days, move them to the freezer and defrost before enjoying.